This is so very old school. I dig it.
My friend Clumberkim asked me (and six other people) to answer ten questions. So I will.
1. What’s your favorite color?
I like anything cool – blues, greens, purples. But I’ve been told I look good in anything warm. Except yellow. No one looks good in yellow.
2. If you were headed to a desert island and could take just one CD, what would it be?
Oh jeez. This is a horrible question. It’s impossible for me not to cop out and answer something snarky like “I’d make a mix first” or “I’d bring my ipod” or whatever. I guess the biggest debate would be Ben Folds or showtunes. Or They Might be Giants. But I’m leaning towards Falsettos. Maybe.
3. Ginger or Mary Ann?
I like ginger snaps just fine.
4. Cake or pie? Why? What kind? (Yeah, I’m calling that one question.)
Pie. Pumpkin or cherry. But like, real homemade pumpkin and real homemade cherry. With actual cherries. None of that canned shit. Oh! Or my sister-in-law’s German chocolate cake, which is an exception to my rules. No whip cream on any of these, of course.
5. What was your favorite book when you were in high school?
Agyar by Stephen Brust
6. What is your dream car?
Something that looks like my Scion xa on the outside, but fits like my parents’ Expedition on the inside. And runs on fuel cells.
7. If you had unlimited resources for a service project anywhere in the world, what would you do and where?
I’m Pittsburgh-oriented. I would focus on the neighborhoods that need it the most. Restore the grid in the Hill. Rebuild Homewood. Try to make some sense of Penn Circle. Improve public transportation, well, everywhere. And fix the damn potholes in Highland Park. Among many other things. That’s probably another cop out answer, right?
8. Do you speak a language other than English?
No, but I sign. Not as well as I used to, and my reception is seriously rusty. It is a skill I would like very much to regain.
9. What is your musical guilty pleasure? (Stolen from Tara’s list)
I think I answered that already. Musical theater. Showtunes. Totally.
10. What did you do on your last vacation?
Drove to Steamboat Springs, Colorado for my best friend’s wedding. It was awesome.